Saturday, November 03, 2007

Vintage Ventures



I made a top from Vogue Vintage Re-release pattern V2859. It was more difficult than i had first expected ("Oh ho, it only has four pattern pieces, it won't be that hard"). There were a couple of details that i found lacking in the instructions, like how to finish the shoulders where the back piece meets the neckline. I fumbled my way through.

I also added a peplum/yoke around the bottom as i found the finished shirt slightly too short. I will leave all the navel gazing to Britney Spears (Oh please woman, put it away!).





Anyhoo, I am pretty happy with the finished product though and will definitely make it again, maybe from a nice floppy silk.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Pretty! And you know that the fellas love those key-hole type arrangements. Did Mat start drooling?